Join Our Team
Urban has enjoyed steady success since our inception in 1967. We're now over 100 employees in three independent offices, in Annandale, Chantilly and Winchester, Virginia.
We're a stable base upon which to launch your career, learn new technical skills, work on interesting and dynamic projects, and achieve career growth in an industry-leading company.
So, what do we offer?
- Steady growth and stability for almost 50 years.
- Proven track record of repeat business with many well-known builders, developers, retailers, public agencies, and other clients.
- Backlog of work to ensure career stability.
- Ongoing, high profile projects in Northern Virginia and around the mid-Atlantic region
- An excellent reputation, with numerous awards and recognition from industry organizations.
- Direct access to senior staff who provide daily support and training.
- Casual working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Payment for every hour worked
- Paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Education and licensing assistance
We’re recognized for and specialize in creative and innovative engineering solutions. Principals and Associates are directly involved in every project, which brings invaluable leadership to each design team and provides a commitment to integrated project management, effective communication and technical expertise that is unsurpassed in the industry.
All of our professionals contribute exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to their work. We take great pride in the successful completion of each project
IT ALL ADDS UP TO ALMOST UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY FOR OUR EMPLOYEES
If you’re an engineering professional or recent or upcoming graduate looking to put your career on the fast track, we want your talent and ambition on our team.
- Civil Engineer – Annandale, VA
- Perform engineering computations and design of storm sewer systems, including profiling. Perform engineering computations and design of water and sanitary sewer systems, including profiling. Prepare erosion and sediment control computations and plans. Coordinate with other design engineers, architects, owners, and county staff on site plan related items. Prepare residential, commercial and public improvement site plans. Create CAD drawings, and CAD related data for site plans. Assist the Project Manager in BMP/SWM computations, detailed grading plans, and other complex tasks as directed by the Project Manager. Perform pavement design computations, zoning computations, sight distance plans, and other miscellaneous computations for site plan submission. Prepare county and state permit submittals, and coordinate with contractor and owner on construction documents. Perform site work quantity estimates, including earthwork estimates. Quality control check/review site plans to assure quality and consistency. Address county comments on site plans and other standard county documents. F/T, Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. To apply submit resume via Email: JAllen@urban-ltd.com or by fax: (703) 642-2073; Attn: Mr. Allen.
- Civil Engineer – Winchester, VA
- Urban LTD. is currently seeking well qualified Entry-Level Engineers with 2-5 years of experience for our Winchester office. Candidates must have a B.S. in Civil Engineering. Experience preparing and processing land development plans in northern Virginia is preferred, but not required. To apply submit resume via Email: email@example.com
- Project Manager– Annandale, Virginia
- Survey Party Chief– Annandale, Virginia
- Survey Rodman– Annandale, Virginia
Please send your resume with salary requirements. All attachments should be limited to PDF files and Word documents until our Human Resources Department contacts you and provides direction regarding other file types.
Urban is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and cultures.